If you sell products or services in a local market, you absolutely must have a listing in the Google Local Business Center. It's not hard to do, you don't need to pay someone to do it for you, and it's very quick to start.
The first thing you need to do is to actually claim your listing in the Google Local Business Center.
Follow the following steps to begin creating your own Google Places local ad.
1) Go to Google's Local Business Center right here ==> http://www.google.com/local/add
2) Complete your profile completely – make sure you focus on the keywords you wish to rank well for.
3) Enter the proper categories
4) Confirm your listing
5) Tweak and optimize you listing
6) Get your site listed with the other major local directories and city guides to help increase your authority in Google's eyes
7) You can see your listing appear in as short as 1-2 days or as long as 30 days. I wish I could tell you why this seems to vary so greatly, but I have no idea.
While this is a simple overview, it really is as easy as I just described to get started.
Like anything else, ranking in the coveted “A” position for your target terms is much more difficult than simple creating a listing. Email or call our team for help!