One of our most popular solution packages for small businesses is our Local SEO offering. The end game for virtually everyone is a prominent Google Places listing in one or more cities and for multiple terms.
Who wouldn’t want to dominate on those awe inspiring “7-pak” and “3-pak” listings. The 7 and 3 refer to the different sizes of the Google Places displays, depending on category and city.
One of the critical elements to success with Local SEO is a comprehensive approach to the underlying data providers that feed Google (Yahoo and Bing as well) information. I read a really good article from Local SEO pundit David Mihm – where he did an impressive job of tying the various directories into the the College Football BCS format!
Here is a quick summary listing of these major directories, and when possible, where to submit your business.
1) InfoUSA – InfoUSA is the original YelloPages data provider. This should always be a key element of your Local SEO efforts. Here’s where to submit your business to InfoUSA
2) Superpages.com – Signing up is free, quick, and painless. Here’s where to submit your business to Superpages
3) Acxiom –
4) Localeze – Localeze is an up-and-coming directory that will carry more weight in the next few years. Spend the time to get your information represented here. Here’s how to submit your business to Localeze
5) Yelp – According to David Mihm…” Submitting your business to Yelp is difficult, but do a search for your business in your town, and if you don’t show up, look for the button at the bottom right side of the main content area that says “Add Business.” “
6) InsiderPages – . Here’s where to submit your business to InsiderPages